Monday 10 December 2012

HELLO FROM...



What do you do?
I recently graduated with a degree in Illustration, and have just moved out of London back to Yorkshire to save, save and save.
How would you describe your style?
I do like to mix old with new, and I have a penchant for expensive dresses that I only seem to wear once but I know I'll love them forever. 
Where do you get your inspiration?
Music always inspires me - from Atari Teenage Riot through to Neil Diamond - I like it a lot.
What do you love to do?
The cinema is my favourite place in the world. I'm also forcing myself into learning to crochet as knitting just defeats me every time.
Any favourite books/films?
The Sound of Music is my all-time favourite. But, on a slightly less embarrassing note, Wayne's World comes a very close second. Irvine Welsh's Filth is the most incredible book I've ever read.
One item you couldn't live without:
My iPhone - IT HAS EVERYTHING.








What do you do? 
I am a third year Fine Art student studying at De Montfort University 
in Leicester. 


How would you describe your style? 

 I love anything vintage and things that look old or beaten up. Audrey 
Kitching and Porcelain Black are my current fashion inspirations. 


Where do you get your inspiration? 

Tumblr is a great place to find inspiration. I follow many Riot Grrrl 
and feminist blogs which help to connect like-minded females throughout 
the internet. I also draw inspiration from women such as Kathleen Hanna 
and Amy Poehler. 


What do you love to do? 

Apart from studying Fine Art and feminist issues, I find cooking and 
baking are great ways to relax and I am also very passionate about 
films, particularly the horror genre. 

  
Any favourite books/films? 

 Quentin Tarantino’s Death Proof is probably one of my favourite films. 
I also love Night of the Living Dead and The Bride of Frankenstein. I 
am currently reading Female Chauvinist Pigs by Ariel Levy. 

  
One item you couldn't live without: 

 My Macbook!





What do you do?
I slice ham for money; yet I don't eat meat.

How would you describe your style?
Both trendy and sustainable.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Andy Zaltzman's pun runs.

What do you love to do?
Watch films

Any favourite books/films?
Back to the Future and Bukowski

One item you couldn't live without: 
A kettle?










What do you do?
I’m a third year history student currently living in Lincoln, and at weekends I work in Debenhams selling knickers.

How would you describe your style?
My style is mainly has a 1960s feel, although I sometimes like mix it up a bit.

Where do you get your inspiration?
With recipes I enjoy reading, different recipes and altering them into something more healthy and veg*n friendly. Day to day I spend too much time on Tumblr gathering inspiration and ideas from a variety of blogs.

What do you love to do?
I’d like to say something really interesting or deep, but in reality any free time I get between Uni and work is usually spent in bed watching Breaking Bad whilst eating subway, or listening to Bon Iver in my pants.

Any favourite books/films?
I enjoy so many it’s difficult to choose, but if I had to recommend to a friend it’d be Candy by Luke Davies, and True Romance.

One item you couldn't live without:
My vintage 60s suitcase filled with photographs and memories, is that cheating?



What do you do?
At the moment, a lot of different things! In between training to become a teaching assistant, and part time waitressing, I am crafting, crafting, crafting!
How would you describe your style? 
I would describe my style as eclectic, colourful, and playful, with a vintage twist.
Where do you get your inspiration? 
All sorts of places! Pinterest is a big one, but I find as well that creativity produces creativity – as in the more I make, the more ideas I have. Looking at what other people have done inspires me as well.
What do you love to do?
 I love to craft, mainly! I am a bit of a flitter – rather than stick to one craft I flit from craft to craft. At the moment I am in love with crochet and sewing. I also love chilling out with my favourite people in the world – my family and friends.
Any favourite books/films? 
My all time favourite film is A Little Princess. My parents gave me it for Christmas when I was seven, and I’ve loved it ever since. It never fails to bring me to tears. Oh and my favourite book would have to be Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, it’s an absolutely beautiful story of hope and love.
One item you couldn't live without: 
Apart from my phone (which isn’t very original, I know), I don’t think I could live without Janet, my sewing machine. She can be a little temperamental at times, but overall we have a good relationship! She’s an old machine from my high school, my textiles teacher gave her to me. She’s been on my whole sewing journey since the age of 15!






What do you do?
Ex Media-type with plans to take over the world using cake...
How would you describe your style?
One MASSIVE contradiction. One day rocking the all black look, the next vintaged up to the eyeballs. Sometimes that crosses over - not always entirely successfully...
Where do you get your inspiration?
The people in my life, the places I have travelled to, sometimes even the books I have read!
What do you love to do?
Disappear into the kitchen and experiment! That and disappear under the duvet...
Any favourite books/films?
LOVE Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist despite being entirely too old to be seen watching it.
One item you couldn't live without:
It's actually the one item I don't have! A stand mixer.

What do you do? 
I’m a third year psychology student and I work at Miss Selfridge. Other than that I’m usually just in the bath or something rubbish.
How would you describe your style?  
There’s never really a strong theme to most of what I do but I definitely tend to go for cute things and polka dots.
Where do you get your inspiration? 
I nosey through DIY craft blogs and tumblr quite a lot and pick up ideas and try and mush together.
What do you love to do?  
I like baking when I get chance, and making playlists.
Any favourite books/films?  
I mostly stick to comic books but The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly is a favourite and I have a soft spot for Lord of the Rings.
One item you couldn't live without:  
My hairbrush, I’m a bit protective about my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment