Friday 26 April 2013

CHOCOLATE BEARS

I'm sort of a little bit sick of making cakes whenever I want to give someone a homemade present. Don't get me wrong, baking is possibly the best thing in the world, but sometimes the amount of time it can take just isn't practical when you're busy, so when I saw this silicone mould for £1 (yes, you read that right) my prayers were answered. 

Now, I'm sure there's some fancy way to produce beautiful chocolate, but again, with time constraints the simplest thing to do is to buy a bar and simply melt it down, then just leave it at room temperature to set. Done. You could always wrap them in a little bag and tie with ribbon to give to someone - maybe even try adding raisins, nuts, popping candy, or even, for the more experienced, layering different chocolates once the previous layer has set. Plus you can always use the mould to make ice cubes when you're done.
(Make sure the chocolate has actually set before prising them out - as you can see my first few were still a bit soft!)

FERN

No comments:

Post a Comment