Friday 5 April 2013

VEGAN BROWNIES




Chocolate brownies are one of my guilty pleasures, but this recipe takes some of the guilt away with the knowledge that they are 100% cruelty free. I usually find vegan baking recipes use a lot of ‘obscure’ ingredients that I know I’ll rarely use and ultimately get wasted. After adapting a few more complicated vegan brownie recipes to use more staple cupboard ingredients this has become an absolute favourite, and having used it at a variety of functions and special occasions, I have had many requests to share my secrets. So here it is my recipe for the perfect gooey vegan brownies!

Makes 12
190g plain white flour
50 cocoa powder
200g white sugar*
1 teaspoon baking power
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
180ml soya milk**
180ml vegetable oil

1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees, and oil baking tray.
2. Sift flour and cocoa powder and add all dry ingredients to bowl.
3. Add all wet ingredients and mix well until mixture is thick and there are no big lumps.
4. Pour mixture into baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes, until a knife can be inserted into the middle and come out clean.
5. Leave to cool and then cut into 12.




JENNY

*Can add up to 300g if you have a very sweet tooth
** 180ml of water can be used instead of soya milk, or a mixture of the two can be used

No comments:

Post a Comment