Sunday 12 May 2013

JANE FOSTER


During university I always wanted to do more screen printing, but I always find myself too scared. Not of the process itself, as I'd learnt in my college years how to make up the screens and print them, but more of the time it takes, and if it goes wrong you have to start all over again. I'm hoping to get back into it (if I ever find an exposure unit in Yorkshire) at some point, but until then I'll continue to pour over photographs of Jane Foster's creations.

I am insanely jealous of her studio set-up, working from home in Devon, Foster produces beautifully bold patterns and incorporates them into hand-sewn homewares. It's her toys I particularly love; the simplicity of block colour makes them stand out, and their little faces all have a slightly cheeky look about them - perfect for kids, and even some adults alike.


FERN

No comments:

Post a Comment