Monday 21 January 2013

BLANKET STATEMENT



Recently I have had a bit of an obsession going on with blankets. There’s nothing quite like snuggling under a blanket with a mug of tea and a good book on a cold winter’s day, or cuddling your favourite little person wrapped up in some gorgeous handmade goodness. And let’s face it, if this cold weather continues, we will need all the blankets we can get!
I have had a few blankets on the go at the same time over winter – I finished my patchwork blanket last week. The fabrics I have used for the patchwork are all from fabricrehab.co.uk, and I used a fleecy throw for the back. Instead of using binding, I folded over the backing fabric to bind the sides, as I didn’t want to add any more colour, and I used super cheap polyester wadding.

This is my labour of love – my crochet ripple blanket. I got the pattern from attic24, which is a blog I would absolutely recommend for crochet inspiration. I accidentally made my blanket six and a half feet wide, so it’s taken me three months to get to this stage! It’s a mismatched jumble of different yarns in all different colours, but I love it. I’m hoping it will be finished in time for winter 2013!



I love the story that comes with a blanket – the fact that a blanket means family time watching a film with your favourite people, or some much needed alone time with a book and some peace and quiet. I love that a blanket symbolises warmth and comfort. There’s nothing that my favourite 5 year old likes more than to be wrapped up in a blanket and carried around. So, with all those thoughts in mind, here is some blankety inspiration from all across the internet...



- JENNY

No comments:

Post a Comment