Tuesday 12 March 2013

KAT VON D



“Makeup is part of my daily routine. It’s the time in my mornings when I can concentrate on me, and me alone. Giving yourself this kind of attention is so important - and is something that is definitely glossed over by too many women.”
Kat Von D has been a massive inspiration for me over the last few years. For me, she is the epitome of a strong, empowered woman. Yes, as a feminist, I guess we do throw the word ‘empowerment’ around quite a bit, but in this case, it is one hundred percent true. Even if you are not a fan of her many, many tattoos (which arguably made her famous in the first place), or her extraordinarily Goth-chic fashion choices, you can appreciate her force and determination to be the best at what she does, whilst being unapologetically kind and loving in the process. She carries a certain charm and dorky sensibility that allows her to connect so closely with her followers, making her equally relatable and respectable.




ANNA

No comments:

Post a Comment